Gain 16 hours CPD and 5 CE RACE credits with this online course designed to help veterinarians increase their knowledge and confidence in ultrasound, through a series of bite-sized modules that are released over a 4-week period.
The course includes a variety of resources, such as video lessons, PDF downloads, tasks, interactive learning tools, case studies and how-to guides.
Additionally, students have the opportunity to ask questions and receive support from their instructor, Camilla, via an online community. Access to the course materials lasts for 12 weeks.
Who is this course for?
All Veterinarians looking to develop their knowledge and skills in Ultrasound. You're aware of the value and benefits of using ultrasound, and you understand how it can improve your diagnosis and save a patient's life but need a little help gaining confidence.
You'll learn how to:
- confidently use your ultrasound machine without fumbling around with its settings unsure of what does what.
- identify what is 'normal' and importantly what is not.
- have a structured approach to scanning instead of feeling clueless and just getting by.
- gain valuable CPD that increases your confidence and knowledge without having to put hours and hours of additional work in.
This course is for you if:
- You're not confident with an ultrasound machine and wouldn't know where to start.
- You don't want to feel silly if you can't identify the images on the screen.
- You've been 'thinking about' upskilling for months but have been procrastinating and putting it off.
- You're not sure if an ultrasound course would give you enough of your annual CPD.
- You don't know how you would fit an in person course in with everything else going on in your life.
I'm Camilla and I used to feel like you...
A lack of awareness of ultrasound machines, unsure what probe to use, confused by poor images and worried about a limited knowledge of the numerous differential diagnoses.
Then after falling in love with ultrasound and enrolling on numerous ultrasound courses aimed at general practitioners I sat down and thought about what I needed when I was learning to scan.
Intensive support over a period of time
Good demonstrations of how to scan specific organs
Demonstrations of important pathology to look out for, a clear idea of what normal looks like!
With this in mind, I decided to create online courses for vets and veterinary nurses to deepen and elevate their ultrasound knowledge and scanning confidence.
What will the course cover?
- An introduction to ultrasound
- Know what 5 buttons change the ultrasound image
- Artefacts and ultrasound language
Preparing the patient for ultrasound
- Interactive simulation lesson 1: Frequency (axial resolution) and focal zone (lateral resolution)
- Interactive simulation lesson 2: Frequency and amplitude of sound waves
- Interactive simulation lesson 3: Understanding reflection of ultrasound waves
- Scanning the emergency patient - Introduction
- Scanning the emergency patient - Practical
- Scanning the emergency patient - Cases
- 3D Interactive Anatomy tool from IVALA - Introduction
- Liver, Gallbladder and Spleen - Introduction
- Liver, Gallbladder and Spleen - Practical
- Gastrointestinal Tract - Introduction
- Gastrointestinal Tract - Practical
- Liver, Gallbladder, Spleen and Gastrointestinal Tract - Cases
- A short step-by-step guide to scanning the liver and gallbladder
- A short step-by-step guide to scanning the spleen
- A short step-by-step guide to scanning the gastrointestinal tract
- Urinary Tract - Introduction
- Urinary Tract - Practical
- Urinary Tract - Cases
- Reproductive System - Introduction
- Reproductive System - Practical
- Reproductive System - Cases
- RCVS 1CPD QR code
"I have found this course extremely helpful. It has given me the confidence to pick up the ultrasound probe without fear! I plan to keep practising and applying the knowledge I have gained to help my patients in practice."
- Shelagh Wall
"A brilliant introduction to ultrasound... Camilla really did work from the ground up on this course, which was well-structured and developed at a very suitable rate. I highly recommend this course."
- Hayley Brewis
"Methodical and very easy to understand videos and explanations."
- Nadya Ivanova
Veterinary Ultrasound for Complete Beginners: THE BASICS
Secure your place and receive professional development that will increase your ultrasound skills, confidence and self-belief.