Basic Echocardiography for the GP Vet
Learn the fundamentals of cardiac ultrasound quickly and easily, by cutting through the echocardiography jargon with this 4 week online course.
An online course designed to help veterinarians increase their knowledge and confidence in ultrasound, through a series
of bite-sized modules that are released over a 4-week period.
The course includes a variety of resources, such as video lessons, PDF downloads, tasks, interactive learning tools, case studies and how-to guides.
Additionally, students have the opportunity to ask questions and receive support from their instructor, Camilla, via an online community. Access to the course materials lasts for 12 weeks.
You'll learn how to:
- Identify heart disease confidently so you can distinguish between when medication is needed or not.
- Get comfortable knowing what is normal and, importantly, what is not.
- Create a structured approach to scanning a heart so you can stop wasting time feeling clueless and just getting by.
This course is for you if:
- You always rely on others to perform cardiac ultrasounds.
- You want to confidently use your ultrasound machine without fumbling around with its settings, unsure of what does what.
- You want to gain valuable CPD that increases your confidence and knowledge without having to put hours and hours of additional work in.
I’m Camilla, and I used to feel like you...
A lack of awareness of ultrasound machines, unsure what probe to use, confused by poor images and worried about a limited knowledge of the numerous differential diagnoses.
Then after falling in love with ultrasound after qualifying as a veterinarian in 2006 and enrolling in numerous ultrasound courses, I sat down and thought about what I needed when I was learning to scan.
- Intensive support over a period of time
- Good demonstrations of how to scan specific organs.
- Demonstrations of important pathology to look out for: a clear idea of what normal looks like!
With this in mind, I decided to create online courses for vets and veterinary nurses to deepen and elevate their ultrasound knowledge and scanning confidence.
What will the course cover?
- An introduction to ultrasound
- Optimising the image for cardiac scanning
- Understanding the extra buttons for cardiac scanning
- Preparing the patient for ultrasound in an emergency
- Scanning a heart in an emergency - introduction
- Scanning the heart in an emergency - practical
- Scanning the heart in an emergency - cases
- Introduction to IVALA
- Right sided heart images - introduction
- Right sided heart images - practical
- Right sided heart images - cases
- Left sided heart images - introduction
- Left sided heart images - practical
- Left sided heart images - cases
"Very enjoyable courses. The resources - texts/websites/webinars were outstanding"
- Wayne Mizon
"Thank you for a very useful and practical course."
- Michelle Starr